These earrings will surely draw the eye with their subtle pop of color from the titanium spheres and scale at its bottom. Elegant with sleek, modern lines – they’re made using titanium spheres captured within stainless steel cages tapering to a point, then gently flaring out again from the scale.
Note: Pictures of each color are to give an example of the colors. Due to the nature of anodized titanium, the colors may vary a bit from batch to batch and will often have multiple colors or shades on a single scale. Shown here in Peacock, which is a beautiful bright blue with hints of teal and violet mixed in.
• Weave: Captured Bead
• Material: Stainless steel and titanium
• Post/wire type: Ear wires, available in stainless steel or titanium
• Earring length: Just over 2.25″
• Earring Width: 0.5″
• First, the rings are tumble polished to clean & shine them up, as well as to remove any sharp edges or burrs they may have.
• Then, each ring is opened, woven, and closed a single ring at a time to create each intricate pattern.
• The titanium is colored using electricity. I create a solution made up of baking soda and distilled water, then run an electrical current through it. I then use this to anodize the titanium which creates an oxide layer on the surface. Different voltages will create different colors. Due to the anodizing process, there may be slight color variation from batch to batch.
Deciding which metal for ear wires
I never, ever use plated metals for my jewelry findings. Most of what I use is stainless steel. Stainless steel is widely considered to be hypoallergenic and most people are fine with it. For those with severe metal sensitivities or allergies, I always recommend titanium. Titanium is completely nickel free and hypoallergenic. If your purchase is a gift and you’re not sure if the recipient has metal sensitivities, titanium would be the way to go.
Care & Cleaning
Stainless steel is super easy to clean and very low maintenance! All you need is a little soap and water. I normally suggest using blue dawn dish soap and warm water. Because of the anodized titanium, it is strongly recommended to not shower or swim in this necklace to help the color stay vibrant longer. Since it is colored by creating an oxide layer without the use of dye, the colors could fade over time when exposed to harsh chemicals, such as chlorine.
I offer a guarantee that your piece will last. If anything happens to it, just contact me and I will make any necessary repairs.
Each item is handmade by me and me alone. While I strive to get most items shipped with a quick turn around time of 1-3 business days, some orders will take longer to ship (up to 2 weeks).
I offer free Standard shipping within the US and use USPS First Class, which normally has a 3-5 day transit time.
Please note, all time frames listed are in business days and do not factor in weekends or holidays.