Embrace your inner sexy mermaid!
Made in your favorite color, this scalemaille body chain is perfect for the mermaid in you and will bring a touch of fantasy to your life. It is extremely versatile and can be easily dressed up or worn casually. It features a single row of titanium scales paired with shiny stainless steel chain.
Both the neck and waist chains are adjustable and can be clasped anywhere along the chain length. Smaller accent scales adorn the ends of the chain opposite the clasps.
Note: Pictures of each color are to give an example of the colors. Due to the nature of anodized titanium, the colors may vary a bit from batch to batch and will often have multiple colors or shades on a single scale. Shown here in Peacock, which is a beautiful bright blue with hints of teal and violet mixed in.
• Weave: Scalemaille
• Material: Stainless steel with titanium scales
• Neck Chain: Adjustable 20″ Stainless steel twisted curb chain
• Waist Chain: Stainless steel twisted curb chain in your desired length (size up if you’d like the chain to be drapey)
• Scalemaille Length: approximately 8.75″ from the highest to lowest points
• Scalemaille Width: Approximately 1″
• First, the rings are tumble polished to clean & shine them up, as well as to remove any sharp edges or burrs they may have.
• Then, each ring is opened, woven, and closed a single ring at a time to create each intricate pattern.
• The titanium is colored using electricity. I create a solution made up of baking soda and distilled water, then run an electrical current through it. I then use this to anodize the titanium which creates an oxide layer on the surface. Different voltages will create different colors. Due to the anodizing process, there may be slight color variation from batch to batch.
Care & Cleaning
Stainless steel is super easy to clean and very low maintenance! All you need is a little soap and water. I normally suggest using blue dawn dish soap and warm water. Because of the anodized titanium, it is strongly recommended to not shower or swim in this necklace to help the color stay vibrant longer. Since it is colored by creating an oxide layer without the use of dye, the colors could fade over time when exposed to harsh chemicals, such as chlorine.
I offer a guarantee that your piece will last. If anything happens to it, just contact me and I will make any necessary repairs.
Each item is handmade by me and me alone. While I strive to get most items shipped with a quick turn around time of 1-3 business days, some orders will take longer to ship (up to 2 weeks).
I offer free Standard shipping and use USPS First Class, which normally has a 3-5 day transit time.
I also offer Expedited shipping for an extra charge which ships via USPS Priority which has a transit time of 1-3 business days.
Please note, all time frames listed are in business days and do not factor in weekends or holidays.