If you’re looking for super sexy and strong earrings that won’t tarnish or turn your skin colors, then look no further! Made in the Vertebrae chainmaille weave with strong and shiny stainless steel rings, these earrings are made to last a lifetime while maintaining their shine.
• Weave: Vertebrae
• Material: Stainless steel
• Post/wire type: Ear wires, available in stainless steel or titanium
• Earring length: About 1.75″
• Earring Width: Just over 0.5″
• First, the rings are tumble polished to clean & shine them up, as well as to remove any sharp edges or burrs they may have.
• Then, each ring is opened, woven, and closed a single ring at a time to create each intricate pattern.
• The titanium is colored using electricity. I create a solution made up of baking soda and distilled water, then run an electrical current through it. I then use this to anodize the titanium which creates an oxide layer on the surface. Different voltages will create different colors. Due to the anodizing process, there may be slight color variation from batch to batch.
Deciding which metal for ear wires
I never, ever use plated metals for my jewelry findings. Most of what I use is stainless steel. Stainless steel is widely considered to be hypoallergenic and most people are fine with it. For those with severe metal sensitivities or allergies, I always recommend titanium. Titanium is completely nickel free and hypoallergenic. If your purchase is a gift and you’re not sure if the recipient has metal sensitivities, titanium would be the way to go.
Care & Cleaning
Stainless steel is super easy to clean and very low maintenance! All you need is a little soap and water. I normally suggest using blue dawn dish soap and warm water. Because of the anodized titanium, it is strongly recommended to not shower or swim in this necklace to help the color stay vibrant longer. Since it is colored by creating an oxide layer without the use of dye, the colors could fade over time when exposed to harsh chemicals, such as chlorine.
I offer a guarantee that your piece will last. If anything happens to it, just contact me and I will make any necessary repairs.
Each item is handmade by me and me alone. While I strive to get most items shipped with a quick turn around time of 1-3 business days, some orders will take longer to ship (up to 2 weeks).
Standard shipping I offer for free and use USPS First Class, which normally has a 3-5 day transit time.
I also offer Expedited shipping for an extra charge which ships via USPS Priority which has a transit time of 1-3 business days.
Please note, all time frames listed are in business days and do not factor in weekends or holidays.