Embrace your inner mermaid!
Titanium can turn some truly wondrous colors when anodized, creating an almost iridescent look, sometimes with multiple colors or shades on a single ring or scale.
I can't help but imagine that's how a mermaid's scales must look. Titanium is perfect for a pop of color when paired with shiny stainless steel, and it creates whimsical and fantastical pieces when they're the prime focus.
Note: The titanium rings and scale have also been anodized (colored) by me. While multiples of these are available, each one will be different and unique due to the anodizing process. No two will be exactly the same.
- Weave: Half Persian 4-1 (HP4-1) and scalemaille
- Material: Stainless steel rings and titanium scales
- Bib Height:3"
- Bib Width: 6.5"
- Choker Width: 01" at the widest part of the scale
- Choker Length: Select your desired length from the drop down bar.
- First, the rings are tumble polished to clean & shine them up, as well as to remove any sharp edges or burrs they may have.
- Then, each ring is opened, woven, and closed a single ring at a time to create each intricate pattern.
- The titanium is colored using electricity. I create a solution made up of baking soda and distilled water, then run an electrical current through it. I then use this to anodize the titanium which creates an oxide layer on the surface. Different voltages will create different colors. Due to the anodizing process, there may be slight color variation from batch to batch.
Deciding which length for the chain
Not sure which chain length to select? Have no fear! 16"-18" are my most common sizes for women, and men tend to prefer 20"-24". Need help picturing that? Check out my sizing page for assistance!
Care & Cleaning
Stainless steel is super easy to clean and very low maintenance! All you need is a little soap and water. I normally suggest using blue dawn dish soap and warm water. Because of the anodized titanium, it is strongly recommended to remove not shower or swim in this necklace to help the color stay vibrant longer. Since it is colored by creating an oxide layer without the use of dye, the colors could fade over time when exposed to harsh chemicals, such as chlorine.
I offer a guarantee that your piece will last. If anything happens to it, just contact me and I will make any necessary repairs.
Each item is handmade by me and me alone. While I strive to get most items shipped with a quick turn around time of 1-3 business days, some orders will take longer to ship (up to 2 weeks).
Standard shipping I offer for free and use USPS First Class, which normally has a 3-5 day transit time.
I also offer Expedited shipping for an extra charge which ships via USPS Priority which has a transit time of 1-3 business days.
Please note, all time frames listed are in business days and do not factor in weekends or holidays.