Add a touch of whimsy to your outfit with a pair of scalemaille hair sticks!
These hair sticks are sold in pairs or individually. They feature a 1.25" section of scalemaille in stainless steel rings with titanium scales, and are made of natural colored hambaba wood measuring 7" long.
• Made with durable stainless steel rings and beautiful anodized titanium scales
• Add a bit of color to any outfit
• Customizable color combinations available upon request
Volume discounts available - get 15% off 2 or more hair items from my hair accessory category by using coupon code HAV15 at checkout, or 25% off 5 or more by using coupon code HAV25!
Note: Pictures of each color are to give an example of the colors. Due to the nature of anodized titanium, the colors may vary a bit from batch to batch and will often have multiple colors or shades on a single scale. Shown here in Peacock, which is a beautiful bright blue with hints of teal and violet mixed in.
• Weave: Scalemaille
• Material: Stainless steel with anodized titanium scales, on hambaba wood sticks.
• Hair Stick Length: 7"
• Scalemaille Length: about 1.25"
• First, the rings are tumble polished to clean & shine them up, as well as to remove any sharp edges or burrs they may have.
• Then, each ring is opened, woven, and closed a single ring at a time to create each intricate pattern.
• The titanium is colored using electricity. I create a solution made up of baking soda and distilled water, then run an electrical current through it. I then use this to anodize the titanium which creates an oxide layer on the surface. Different voltages will create different colors. Due to the anodizing process, there may be slight color variation from batch to batch.
***Care & Cleaning***
Stainless steel is super easy to clean and very low maintenance! All you need is a little soap and water. I normally suggest using blue dawn dish soap and warm water. Because of the anodized titanium, it is strongly recommended to not shower or swim in this necklace to help the color stay vibrant longer. Since it is colored by creating an oxide layer without the use of dye, the colors could fade over time when exposed to harsh chemicals, such as chlorine.
I offer a guarantee that your piece will last. If anything happens to it, just contact me and I will make any necessary repairs.
• Each item is handmade by me and me alone. While I strive to get most items shipped with a quick turn around time of 1-3 business days, some orders will take longer to ship (up to 2 weeks).
• Standard shipping is free within the US through USPS First Class, which normally has a 3-5 day transit time.
• I also offer Expedited shipping for an extra charge which ships via USPS Priority and normally has a transit time of 1-3 business days.
• Please note, all time frames listed are in business days and do not factor in weekends or holidays.