Byzantine is perhaps one of the most popular and well known chainmaille weaves. It is classic and timeless. This necklace takes that ageless aspect and brings it into the modern age. It looks amazing as a short choker or as a longer chain.
Please be aware, the photos here show the piece made in stainless steel. Titanium is a darker grayish silver so it will look a little different. Titanium chain and rings can also be colored upon request, just include a note at checkout, otherwise they will be natural silver.
• Weave: Byzantine
• Material: Stainless steel
• Necklace Width: Three widths available – 20g is about 3/16″, 18g is about 1/4″, and 16g is about 5/16″
• Necklace Length: Select your desired length from the drop down bar.
• First, the rings are tumble polished to clean & shine them up, as well as to remove any sharp edges or burrs they may have.
• Then, each ring is opened, woven, and closed a single ring at a time to create each intricate pattern.
Deciding which length for the chain
Not sure which chain length to select? Have no fear! 16″-18″ are my most common sizes for women, and men tend to prefer 20″-24″. Need help picturing that? Need help picturing that? Check out my sizing page for help!
Stainless steel is super easy to clean and very low maintenance! All you need is a little soap and water. I normally suggest using blue dawn dish soap and warm water. Stainless is also perfect for everyday wear and can be worn in the shower, pool, or even the ocean.
I offer a guarantee that your piece will last. If anything happens to it, just contact me and I will make any necessary repairs.
Each item is handmade by me and me alone. While I strive to get most items shipped with a quick turn around time of 1-3 business days, some orders will take longer to ship (up to 2 weeks).
Standard shipping I offer for free and use USPS First Class, which normally has a 3-5 day transit time.
I also offer Expedited shipping for an extra charge which ships via USPS Priority which has a transit time of 1-3 business days.
Please note, all time frames listed are in business days and do not factor in weekends or holidays.