Embrace your inner mermaid and feel like the sexy goddess you are!
Titanium can turn some truly wondrous colors when anodized, creating an almost iridescent look, sometimes with multiple colors or shades on a single ring or scale.
I can’t help but imagine that’s how a mermaid’s scales must look. Titanium is perfect for a pop of color when paired with shiny stainless steel, and it creates whimsical and fantastical pieces when they’re the prime focus.
Note: If you select Custom Combo for the color option, please include the colors you would like in the Orders Notes section at checkout.
Note: Pictures of each color are to give an example of the colors. Due to the nature of anodized titanium, the colors may vary a bit from batch to batch and will often have multiple colors or shades on a single scale. Shown here in Violet.
• Weave: Scalemaille
• Material: Stainless steel rings with titanium scales
• Choker Width: Approximately .5″
• Center Focal Width: Approximately 1″
• Choker Length: Select your desired length from the drop down bar. Choker is slightly adjustable by 1″.
• First, the rings are tumble polished to clean & shine them up, as well as to remove any sharp edges or burrs they may have.
• Then, each ring is opened, woven, and closed a single ring at a time to create each intricate pattern.
• The titanium is colored using electricity. I create a solution made up of baking soda and distilled water, then run an electrical current through it. I then use this to anodize the titanium which creates an oxide layer on the surface. Different voltages will create different colors. Due to the anodizing process, there may be slight color variation from batch to batch.
Deciding which length for the chain
Not sure which chain length to select? Have no fear! 16″-18″ are my most common sizes for women, and men tend to prefer 20″-24″. Need help picturing that? Check out my chain size image for an idea of the lengths!
Care & Cleaning
Stainless steel is super easy to clean and very low maintenance! All you need is a little soap and water. I normally suggest using blue dawn dish soap and warm water. Because of the anodized titanium, it is strongly recommended to not shower or swim in this necklace to help the color stay vibrant longer. Since it is colored by creating an oxide layer without the use of dye, the colors could fade over time when exposed to harsh chemicals, such as chlorine.
I offer a guarantee that your piece will last. If anything happens to it, just contact me and I will make any necessary repairs.
Each item is handmade by me and me alone. While I strive to get most items shipped with a quick turn around time of 1-3 business days, some orders will take longer to ship (up to 2 weeks).
I offer free Standard shipping and use USPS First Class, which normally has a 3-5 day transit time.
I also offer Expedited shipping for an extra charge which ships via USPS Priority which has a transit time of 1-3 business days.
Please note, all time frames listed are in business days and do not factor in weekends or holidays.