This bracelet is made from a single row of titanium or stainless steel scales woven together using stainless steel rings. Titanium can turn some truly wondrous colors when anodized, creating an almost iridescent look, sometimes with multiple colors or shades on a single ring or scale.
This bracelet can also be worn as an anklet!
Note: Pictures of each color are to give an example of the colors. Due to the nature of anodized titanium, the colors may vary a bit from batch to batch and will often have multiple colors or shades on a single scale. Shown here in Peacock, which is a beautiful bright blue with hints of teal and violet mixed in.
Note: The stainless steel color option will be done in shiny silver stainless steel scales instead of titanium.
• Weave: Scalemaille
• Material: Stainless steel with titanium or stainless steel scales
• Bracelet Width: Just over 0.5″
• Bracelet Length: Select your desired length from the drop down bar.
• First, the rings are tumble polished to clean & shine them up, as well as to remove any sharp edges or burrs they may have.
• Then, each ring is opened, woven, and closed a single ring at a time to create each intricate pattern.
• The titanium is colored using electricity. I create a solution made up of baking soda and distilled water, then run an electrical current through it. I then use this to anodize the titanium which creates an oxide layer on the surface. Different voltages will create different colors. Due to the anodizing process, there may be slight color variation from batch to batch.
How to get the perfect fit
• You will need a measuring tool such as a flexible measuring tape, a piece of string, or a strip of paper and ruler.
• Wrap the measuring tool around your wrist just above your wrist bone, where you would normally wear a bracelet. If using a piece of string or strip of paper, use a ruler to determine length.
• If you’d like your bracelet to be looser, size up from there.
• Bracelet will be made to fit the selected size. Actual length when measured flat may be longer to account for bracelet thickness and flexibility.
Care & Cleaning
Stainless steel is super easy to clean and very low maintenance! All you need is a little soap and water. I normally suggest using blue dawn dish soap and warm water. Because of the anodized titanium, it is strongly recommended to not shower or swim in this necklace to help the color stay vibrant longer. Since it is colored by creating an oxide layer without the use of dye, the colors could fade over time when exposed to harsh chemicals, such as chlorine.
I offer a guarantee that your piece will last. If anything happens to it, just contact me and I will make any necessary repairs.
Each item is handmade by me and me alone. While I strive to get most items shipped with a quick turn around time of 1-3 business days, some orders will take longer to ship (up to 2 weeks).
Standard shipping I offer for free and use USPS First Class, which normally has a 3-5 day transit time.
I also offer Expedited shipping for an extra charge which ships via USPS Priority which has a transit time of 1-3 business days.
Please note, all time frames listed are in business days and do not factor in weekends or holidays.