Embrace your mermaid-self!
Made in your favorite color, this scalemaille pendant is perfect for the mermaid in you and will bring a touch of fantasy to your everyday life. It is extremely versatile and can be easily dressed up or worn casually, worn alone or layered with another necklace.
If you’d like the scales to be different colors, please select Custom Combo from the drop down menu and add a note at checkout with the colors you’d like to be used.
If titanium chain is selected, the piece will be made in 100% titanium instead of using any stainless steel. Please be aware, the photos here show a stainless steel chain. Titanium is a darker grayish silver so it will look a little different. Titanium chain and rings can also be colored to match (or contrast!) the scales upon request, just include a note at checkout, otherwise they will be natural silver.
Note: Pictures of each color are to give an example of the colors. Due to the nature of anodized titanium, the colors may vary a bit from batch to batch and will often have multiple colors or shades on a single scale. Shown here in Violet.
• Weave: Scalemaille
• Material: Titanium scales with stainless steel -or- all titanium
• Chain: Stainless steel or titanium cable chain
• Pendant Height: approximately 1.75″ from the highest to lowest points
• Pendant Width: Approximately 2.25″
• First, the rings are tumble polished to clean & shine them up, as well as to remove any sharp edges or burrs they may have.
• Then, each ring is opened, woven, and closed a single ring at a time to create each intricate pattern.
• The titanium is colored using electricity. I create a solution made up of baking soda and distilled water, then run an electrical current through it. I then use this to anodize the titanium which creates an oxide layer on the surface. Different voltages will create different colors. Due to the anodizing process, there may be slight color variation from batch to batch.
Deciding which length for the chain
Not sure which chain length to select? Have no fear! 16″-18″ are my most common sizes for women, and men tend to prefer 20″-24″. Need help picturing that? Check out my chain size image for an idea of the lengths!
Care & Cleaning
Stainless steel is super easy to clean and very low maintenance! All you need is a little soap and water. I normally suggest using blue dawn dish soap and warm water. Because of the anodized titanium, it is strongly recommended to not shower or swim in this necklace to help the color stay vibrant longer. Since it is colored by creating an oxide layer without the use of dye, the colors could fade over time when exposed to harsh chemicals, such as chlorine.
I offer a guarantee that your piece will last. If anything happens to it, just contact me and I will make any necessary repairs.
Each item is handmade by me and me alone. While I strive to get most items shipped with a quick turn around time of 1-3 business days, some orders will take longer to ship (up to 2 weeks).
Standard shipping I offer for free and use USPS First Class, which normally has a 3-5 day transit time.
I also offer Expedited shipping for an extra charge which ships via USPS Priority which has a transit time of 1-3 business days.
Please note, all time frames listed are in business days and do not factor in weekends or holidays.